Wednesday 15 October 2014

First editing lesson

I paired with Jacky because he was in my prelim  group and we were editing our prelim video. We used premiere as the editing software, I have used Final Cut Pro and IMovie in the past so it was pretty simple for me as it was basically the same. We were taught about bins and  rushers. We were told to create two folders called a log bin and a rushers folder the rushers folder was for the original videos and the bin folder was for the sequences that we actually wanted. We were then taught how to cut down clips and bring them together again this was pretty simple because I have done it before on IMovie and Final Cut Pro. Jacky and I were apparently being to precise with the editing and we were too fixed on where to put what sequence. When we should have been playing around to get to know the software. I think next time I should try and put more input into it as I didn't really do much. This will help out in the future when i have no one to help me out with the editing as i wont need to ask a partner for help. It was a really fun lesson and i am sure we will like the finished clip.

No comments:

Post a Comment